Our Story – FIPC History
Fountain Inn Presbyterian Church was organized in 1889, and the church was officially founded in 1890 by fourteen charter members. The sanctuary was the first building erected in 1891, and today, the church enjoys a beautifully landscaped campus with three major buildings. The Christian Fellowship Center, dedicated in 2004, houses a gym, meeting room, a commercial kitchen and classrooms.
Through the years, God has challenged and blessed this church in its ministry and mission, and today Fountain Inn Presbyterian Church has maintained a strong mission emphasis at home and abroad. Our church believes that mission begins at home and that God calls us to wherever there is a need.
History has found Fountain Inn Presbyterian Church at its best when it confessed its faith seriously, experienced the gifts of God personally, and engaged in God’s commission boldly.